Taste of Home Make Ahead Comfort Food
Savor hundreds of hearty comforts with freezer-friendly recipes, overnight dishes and other prep-now/eat-later specialties.
A tight schedule doesn’t mean avoiding your favorite comfort foods. Simply make them ahead of time! From the experts at Taste of Home, Make-Ahead Comfort Foods helps you serve the stick-to-your-ribs greats your family requests most—no matter how busy your household might be. Take advantage of this book’s serve-one/freeze-one casseroles, breakfast bakes that set up in the fridge overnight, savory meats that season themselves in an 8-hour marinade and slow-cooked classics that simmer to perfection while you’re working…you’ll find these satisfying delights and others inside this handy cookbook. You’ll even find a Bonus Chapter, “Cook Once, Eat Twice,” that shows you how to prepare one meal and turn the extras into a second dinner so delicious no one will realize they’re enjoying leftovers. At-a-Glance icons, serving suggestions and more ensure that Make-Ahead Comfort Food is one cookbook you’ll reach for time and again.
- 250+ Comfort Foods Offering Prep-Now/Eat-Later Appeal. Whether you’re a tried-and-true meal planner or simply like to keep a hearty entrée in the freezer for hectic nights, this all-new cookbook is sure to be your most-used kitchen helper.
- 3 At-A-Glance Icons. Look for handy icons that spotlight which recipes are freezer-friendly (and include re-heating directions); take advantage of the slow cooker; or set up in the refrigerator overnight.
- Bonus Chapter: An entire section of dishes that help you cook once and eat twice make this book worth the purchase. Prepare tasty Dutch Oven Beef Roast one night, then use up the extras by preparing Beef Chimichangas the next day. Bake Ginger-Honey Ham on Sunday then whip up Ham and Cheese Pasta Toss on Monday. Two great meals; zero leftovers!
- Dozens of Tips & Hints for Leftovers. Consider callouts that offer easy ideas for using up leftovers from specific recipes. use up recipes’ leftovers. What could be easier?
- Frozen Foods 101 & Storage Secrets. Save time (and money) when you know how to stock your freezer and fridge with comfort foods.
The Secrets to Make-Ahead Success
Freezing Foods 101
- How To Marinate
- Food Storage Guide
Snacks & Appetizers
Side Dish Staples
Soups & Stews
Make-Ahead Main Courses
Savory Side Dishes
Bonus: Cook Once – Eat Twice