Birds and Blooms Backyard Basics
More than 300 Q&As about the birds, butterflies and plants in your landscape.
Get answers to everything you’ve ever needed to know about the birds, butterflies and plants in your landscape. Our experts offer simple solutions and professional advice for common dilemmas:
- Why do birds hit my windows?
- How do I get rid of garlic mustard?
- Why won’t my wisteria bloom?
- Do the same hummingbirds return to my garden each year?
Plus special sections reveal fascinating facts about birds, butterflies, and bees, quick fixes for poor soil, the top 10 plants for fragrance, and much more. With more than 300 Q&As on topics from bird and plant identification to how to control garden pests, this book is essential for any backyard enthusiast
- PRACTICAL AND INFORMATIVE. Birds & Blooms readers ask questions out of necessity (Can my cat be harmed by the herbs I grow?) and curiosity (Why don’t all birds migrate in the fall?) and the Birds & Blooms experts answer!
- BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY. This book bursts at the binding with stunning color and vivid images of birds, butterflies, flowers, and other plants commonly found in North America.
- A TIMELY TOPIC. With many spending more time at home and in nature lately, interest in birdwatching and gardening continues to be strong.